Tewantin State Forest is a great place to mountain bike with a fantastic range of tracks. You can start with the tracks around the Wooroi Day Use Area. This place is renowned for its beautiful environment and excellent single track rides.
There are four types of trails:
- Wide and mostly smooth fire roads
- Wide dual use pedestrian/mtb trails
- Narrow single track and,
- Flow track with jumps and berms
The dual use trails are easy flowing trails, though there were quite a few trees fallen across the trails that required bunny-hopping or climbing over.
It is a fun ride through some native bush from gums to palms. Just watch out for the odd walker and horse rider.
Some popular tracks are:
- Milkmaid (Strava Segment)
- Snake (Strava Segment) + Bloodwood (Strava Segment)
- Quoll (aka Turn 10, Strava Segment)
- Froglett + Secrets (Strava Segment)
How to Get There
There’s two main access areas:
The Wooroi Day Use Area is located along Cooroy-Noosa Road near the Beckmans Road turn off. Google Maps
Top of Gyndier Drive, off Sunrise Road. Google Maps
Sunshine Coast Council Website – Mountain Biking Guide and Maps.
Know of some more tracks in the area? Let us know and we’ll put them on the site.