We are cooking up some events to liven up our ride calendar.
Ben “El Presidente” has got some good things underway but in the meantime I want to put on an event at Parklands on Saturday 4th June at 10am. Now this event isn’t your traditional circuit/lap race. It will require speed, strategy and quick decision making so I’m hoping it will equalise the field a bit (and no, it’s not a poker run ride – although that’s a good idea for another event).
I’ll send more details later but for now here is what I can say:
- There is no charge – for now this is a fun, informal experiment to see if it works
- We’ll put on a BBQ (and we may even cook some food on it)
- Riders will need to be members (for the insurance)
- Awesome prizes!!*
*Prize pool will consist of the following:
- a certificate of bragging rights (valid until the next event – terms and conditions apply)
- a big metaphorical trophy of glory (to hold over your head on the invisible podium of victors while everyone claps once or twice to be polite)
- lovely bouquet of grass and weeds that we will tear up from side of the road
- Maybe a sausage on bread…maybe.
If this goes well we can make it a Bushranger “thing”.
Michael “el secretario?” Johns