It’s Bike Week 2018 so that’s a good excuse to have a a rookie ride through Parklands (depending on rain). So if you are keen for a trundle through beautiful Parklands then I’ll see you Saturday at 7.15am for a 7.30am ride off. Details below.
Location: Radar Hill Road car park. Bli Bli
Time: 7:15AM meet up for a 7:30AM ride-off
Grade: Grade 2 (first half) then Grade 3 (2nd half)
Google Maps/Streetview: https://goo.gl/maps/Ng7JgJMpBuD2
- Special ride put on for people who are beginning mountain biking and/or wanting to see what Parklands is about.
- Route will use the new green trails with a distance of around 10km and it will be a couple of hours. A longer ride will be available for those keen to either go again or explore a bit more of the park.
Bring the following:
- a mountain bike in good condition. We suggest taking it to your local bike shop for a service if it has been a while.
- an Australian standards approved helmet
- comfortable riding clothes – be mindful of the weather forecast
- water, enough for a few hours of exercise
We strongly suggest you take advantage of Mountain Biking Australia’s (MTBA) free 8 week trial membership that provides you with insurance in case of an accident. Find out more on our ‘join us’ page: https://bushrangers.org/information/join-us/