Sunshine Coast Bike Week
Coming up shortly is the annual Sunshine Coast Bike Week beginning September 24th and finishing October 2nd.
There are a number of different rides and events catering for all ages and abilities. Social pathway rides, children’s courses and commuter cycling training. The Cyclefest will be hosting races including the king of the mountain ride (Palmwoods Montville Rd) and the 100km Grand Fondo.
We have our usual calendar rides advertised as part of the cycle week activities so expect to see a few new faces.
If you register for any of the events/rides then you go in the draw to win some bike shop vouchers.
Also don’t forget that Ride2Work Day is on Wednesday October 12th and I expect our Strava club to be full of commutes that day.
There will be complimentary breakfasts and coffee at the following locations (you have to ride there!):
- Cotton Tree Park, Cotton Tree Esplanade
- Bill Venardos Park, Omrah Avenue Caloundra
- Park opposite Sunshine Coast University Hospital along Braggs Street Birtinya (off Kawana Way)
- Sunshine Coast Council courtyard, off Currie Street Nambour
You can join in on a guided ride if you like (ride off 6:15pm, be there 10min early, free car parking available):
- Route 1 – Kawana Library (Nanyima Street) to Cotton Tree Park, Cotton Tree Esplanade
- Route 2 – Kawana Library (Nanyima Street) to Bill Venardos Park, Omrah Avenue Caloundra
- Route 3 – North Shore Community Centre, David Low Way Mudjimba to Cotton Tree Park
- Route 4 – University Sunshine Coast (free car park area) to Birtinya (Park opposite Sunshine Coast University Hospital along Braggs Street, Birtinya off Kawana Way)
Don’t forget to register!