Sugarbag Community Ride Summary 06/08/2017
This was our first experiment at hosting our monthly community ride at the Sugarbag trails and due to a few reasons I don’t think we’ll be doing it again and we will instead keep it at Ewan Maddock Dam, Mapleton and also start to utilise the new beginner trails at Parklands. We have some ideas to give more options to the rookies and the veterans so keep an eye on the calendar.
We all met up at the Caloundra aquatic centre car park, Michael gave the pre-ride briefing and we set off on time. Big hello to our guests from the Sunshine Coast Bicycle Touring Club, Steve from Bendigo MTB Club and Ben, Danen and Jet (I know, cool name eh!)
We tried to do the trails consecutively but due to a few minor crashes and confusing link tracks etc we spent a lot of time waiting around to regroup so we didn’t get a good long ride in. But we had fun trying the new timber features and doing repeats of Syrup while we waited isn’t all that bad.
Paul recommended we try a new coffee shop around the corner and it was good! Malarkey Artisan Coffee on Oval avenue – go check it out!
Points of Interest:
- Neil finally ditched his battered 26er clunker and got a sexy new black/green Giant.
- Craig didn’t bring his cool new fatbike :o(
- The repeats of Syrup gave everyone an awesome show of some high-flying jumps!
- Lumir did some cool video work (and got snagged on a tree with his bar-ends).
- We saw the lovely WOW (Women on Wheels) ladies doing their thing!
- Poor Rob was bruised and battered within the first 20min but soldiered on. I hope you are feeling OK today mate!
Thanks for the ride everyone!