Introducing Tag-a-long Rides
We’ve had some input that some of our members can’t always get to the Sunday club rides and they are uncomfortable riding on their own so we’ve heard a good idea that we want to try.
If anyone does a regular weekly ride and would be happy to have some company tag-a-long (see what we did there), then let us know the details and we’ll put it in the ride calendar (which we can then publish to Facebook). Having someone else riding along with you can make your normal ride more enjoyable, safer and even educational.
The details we need are:
- your name and preferred contact details (phone or email or Facebook etc)
- when you ride (e.g Wednesday’s at 4pm)
- where you ride (e.g. Parklands, Wooroi, Ferny Forest or even if it’s a different location each week).
- the “hardcore-ness” of the ride (Do you ride fast with minimal stopping?)
Send these details to us at [email protected] or message us on Facebook.
Important points for tag-a-long riders:
- These rides are not club organised and you ride at your own risk so bring everything you need and ride within your limits.
- Contact the member beforehand and make sure the ride is still on – sometimes things come up.
- Unless otherwise stated these rides are not for beginners – come to our rookie rides and training sessions to build up your skills and fitness.
- Members can also advertise any non-regular rides direct to our Facebook group.
- A few of the local bike shops do regular shop rides so give them a call and find out when and where they are.
- There are other clubs, bike shops and riding groups that ride on different days so I’m sure if you ask nicely you could ride with them – check on Facebook and ask around.