It finally rained! But please don’t ride on muddy trails
Our Department of Raindancing, Astrology and Clipless Pedals has just reported we have had 120mm of rain at Parklands in the last 2 days. This is GREAT news for the new trails in Parklands as it means all that dust will be packed down and hardened (and we can fix that loose berm along Rookie Road). However if they get ridden, even while slightly wet, we’ll end up with a chopped up surface that will need to be scraped smooth and it’ll go dusty again – so please, please, please avoid riding the new trails (or any trail for that matter) until they’re nice and dry.
Instead of riding on our awesome trails maybe do some of the following:
- Service your bike – top up the tyre sealant, clean the chain, grease your bearings, replace that old emergency energy gel in your bag or just simply sit and look at your bike – when was the last time you two had a good chat?
- Bring out your inner BMX Bandit – ride along the coastal pathway or something – nice views, plenty of coffee places and you can impress the balance bike kids as you bang down stairs and over gutters etc.
- Turn on Youtube or Redbull – watch some awesome MTB things like the UCI XC and DH events, Redbull Rampage and Crankworx stuff. Watch some cool training videos and then practice some manualling and bike handling on the driveway (“Wheelies pull the chicks/dudes” – Dr Phil*).
- Roadie ride – Blow the dust off the road bike and go for an easy century around the coast and hinterland – LOL! yeah we’re just kidding!
Thanks for understanding.
Ride safe, Ride well, Ride on!
* Dr Phil didn’t actually say that wheelies pull the chicks or dudes.