Just wanted to quickly let you all know about some recent milestones and events that have happened or will be happening.
Charity Race Day
- The recent charity race day raised over $700 for Cystic Fibrosis Queensland – thanks to all the riders, volunteers and sponsors for everything.
- Club membership continues to grow. We now have almost 300 members and a third of them women (much better than the 6% it used to be). Thanks to the GoGIRLs and the council sponsored GOGA initiative.
- We just scored another grant for over $13000 to help in repair work throughout Parklands e.g. bridges, rock armouring, causeways, drainage etc.
- In the next couple of months we will be submitting a grant application for the big $150k State Government grant with help from our already approved Sunshine Coast Council grant to meet the co-contribution requirements.
- We will be starting up subsidised MTB training workshops soon and also offer free bike maintenance workshops on topics like bike fit, suspension setup, trail repairs etc.
- We recently completed a MTBA Trail-building workshop with about 20 people from around the coast all learning the how’s and why’s of building trails.
So there is a bit of good news to brighten your day!