Pomona/Cooran Ride Summary 24/02/2019
So this is my last ride summary as the club secretary and I have to say, I may actually miss having this avenue to publicly tell my dumb jokes, bag my brother and drop the occasional passive aggressive bomb <sigh>… But that doesn’t matter now because this weekend I will hand over the official book of mountain bike lingo – 101 Words for Dirt – and then someone else can have the pleasure of publicly humiliating our club members with these summaries.
On that note – the AGM is on this Saturday at 2pm at the Woombye Pub. This year we are going all out and blowing the club’s remaining finances on a platter of sausage rolls!
But anyway – let’s get back to Sunday’s ride.
We arrived in Pomona early in the morning and the little town was just waking up. The weather was still and cool despite the earlier cyclone warnings of torrential floods and 160kph ducks and lawn furniture flying about.
We had some new, some nearly new and some not-so-new riders come along with us. Big hello to Jani and Orlando who came riding with us for the first time. I hope everyone enjoyed the ride.
Highlights of the ride were:
- No cyclone
- Sticks and lots of fallen trees.
- I got to ride Kerry’s new e-bike.
- Ben deciding to not use his GPS and then he took the wrong turn 300m into the ride (LOL!)
- Roger decided to go down that rough descent near Fergusons road on his head (but he was OK).
- A dead rabbit on Jampot Creek Road that really really stunk and Ben stopped us near it on the way back as we regrouped.
- Free coffee and a citrus tart
That will do I guess. Check out the pictures and I hope to see you at the AGM this Saturday.