About Our Club

Our club was formed in 1993 and incorporated in 1995 when mountain biking (MTB) in Australia was in its infancy. Since then the club and the sport have gained popularity through advocacy and participation. The Bushrangers MTB Club is a volunteer based organisation run by enthusiasts, for the benefit of promoting and supporting mountain biking across the region.

We do regular rides all over Sunshine Coast and SEQ from Cooloola to Brisbane, in national parks, state forestries and council parks. Check out this website for more information on events, news, and for places to ride.

Latest News

Community

End of year BBQ this Saturday (02/12/2017) – RSVP now.

[caption id="attachment_3818" align="alignright" width="300"] Jens leaning around a berm[/caption] On Saturday the 02/12/2017 we will be having our end of year BBQ at Paul Vandeleur's house in Dulong (behind Nambour). Paul has been busy making some impressive trails on his property so we'll take the opportunity to ride them and organise an informal time-trial event for anyone who is keen. Time: 3:00pm 2nd December (Saturday) 2017 Where: Paul's House at 32 Ruwoldts Road, Dulong, Queensland What to bring: Bike, sunscreen, chairs and drinks (any fancy food or nibblies you would like extra to the snags). Club will provide sausages, meat patties, condiments, bread, soft drink, salads and sweets. RSVP HERE - https://goo.gl/forms/sEc763yyAPWluA6p2 Note: If you plan to ride on the day please read and accept the MTB Rules and Liability Release form on the above link. If you are bringing along others who are not club members/MTBA affiliated and they wish to ride on the day please have them complete this form separately with the MTB Rules and...

Movember 10000km Challenge UPDATE

It's the mid-way point so I've just sat down with my Casio electric Abacus-o-matic and tallied up the total kilometres! The rider with the most kilometres is Pete Bigaila. He is punching out over 600km each week. He is off to the 9-hour GBOMB race at Grafton this weekend so good luck Pete! Graham Reeks is regularly commuting 60km to and from work so his weekly kilometres are up to over 200+ a week (and that's with a big air resisting moustache on the handlebars). Graham is also our biggest fundraiser with $480 donated to Movember, nice work! Paul Vandeleur had a massive ride in the first week but took it easy the 2nd week to prepare for the Singlespeed World Champs in NZ. Him and Royce have already left to participate in the shinanaghans over in Rotorua. Let us know how it goes guys. [caption id="attachment_4517" align="alignright" width="231"] Andrew is still recovering after his bike seat fell off[/caption] Andrew Head is...

Ewen Maddock Community Ride Summary 05/11/2017

Hey there Bushies,

Sorry about the delay in the ride summary but I just keep getting distracted by my beautiful moustache. It’s just so hard to type and twirl my tips at the same time.

So last Sunday’s Community ride went anti-clockwise this time so we headed along the pavement to the Mooloolah township and then through the old railway tunnel in Dularcha national park and had mid-ride coffees at Landsborough. The more energetic riders shot off and did some of the nasty hills in Dularcha and met us at Landsborough afterwards. Some of the beginner riders then came back through the dam trails with me while the others went on to do Ferny Forest.

The group got split up in Mooloolah as a train went through. As patience isn’t one of my virtues but showing off is, Ben and I employed some Cyclocross (CX) skills and threw our bikes over our shoulders and ran up and over the pedestrian bridge. I regretted this decision by about the 5th step up – heavy fat-bikes are not for running with!

Bike Moustache – increases both air resistance AND awesomeness!

Similar to the recent Cooroy ride we stopped for coffee at a central spot so everyone could wander off and forage for their coffees/cakes from any of the nearby cafes and bakeries. With the larger rider groups we get now (this ride had 42 of us) this concept works out good and we end up supporting a lot more local businesses too.

Graham showed up with the first order of his bespoke “bike moustaches” for us. I got a sexy orange one to match my wheels (because that’s important). Thanks Graham! If you want one you just have to donate $10 to Graham’s Movember page and he’ll whip you one up.

Being such a big group and trying to cater for everyone’s tastes does make things a bit hectic but big thanks to all our seasoned members who keep an eye out for everyone and made sure no-one gets hurt and lost. Thanks for coming everyone and a big hello to new riders Teena and Aden, Nick, Tanya and Patrick and anyone else I missed.

Movember 10000km Challenge Week 1 update: 24 riders, $1040 raised, 2880km ridden. Come join us here (you don’t need to grow a Mo).

See you at Parklands!

Michael “My moustache reduces my milk intake” Johns
Club Secretary

Movember is here! Help us ride 10000km for a good cause!

[caption id="attachment_4250" align="alignright" width="300"] Come one come all![/caption] Ladies and Gentleman from across the coast! Help us ride 10000km and raise money for Movember (sculpturing some artistic whiskers is awesome too, but totally optional). Follow these 3 steps and you're off and racing! Step 1: Put some skin in the game and donate to the Movember team page right here (feel free to join the Movember team too) Step 2: Once you've donated, sign up to the Strava club right here Step 3: Ride! In addition to the regular club rides we'll have events like an endurance ride, a time trial event and a big BBQ bash at the end of the month. We will see who does the most distance, who raises the most money and who has the best moustache/beard/body hair etc. Thanks to our supporters Sunshine Coast Council - Travelsmart, Clif Bar, Giant Sunshine Coast, Hit Bikes, Unique Health Products and Venture Cycles...

Thank you for the support Clif Bar!

[caption id="attachment_4392" align="alignright" width="105"] Click for more information[/caption] Unique Health Products and Clif Bar helped us with our recent 3hr race. They have once again donated prizes for us to use in our awesome Movember events. Thanks for your help it is really appreciated. For more information on signing up go to our Movember page at https://moteam.co/moustaches-and-mountain-bikes-sunshine-coast-2017?mc=1...

Welcome Hit Bikes to our Movember Challenge!

A big welcome to Dean and Geoff from Hit Bikes to our Movember challenge. Thanks for the support and it's great to have you onboard! @hitbikes #trailtobeach For more information go to our Movember page at https://moteam.co/moustaches-and-mountain-bikes-sunshine-coast-2017?mc=1 [caption id="attachment_4367" align="aligncenter" width="851"] Hitbikes are onboard for the Movember challenge![/caption]...

X