Movember 10000km Challenge UPDATE
It’s the mid-way point so I’ve just sat down with my Casio electric Abacus-o-matic and tallied up the total kilometres!
- The rider with the most kilometres is Pete Bigaila. He is punching out over 600km each week. He is off to the 9-hour GBOMB race at Grafton this weekend so good luck Pete!
- Graham Reeks is regularly commuting 60km to and from work so his weekly kilometres are up to over 200+ a week (and that’s with a big air resisting moustache on the handlebars). Graham is also our biggest fundraiser with $480 donated to Movember, nice work!
- Paul Vandeleur had a massive ride in the first week but took it easy the 2nd week to prepare for the Singlespeed World Champs in NZ. Him and Royce have already left to participate in the shinanaghans over in Rotorua. Let us know how it goes guys.
Andrew Head is exploring the hell out of Tasmania and getting a heap of kilometres in the kitty (and he’s grown an awesome Mario moustache).
- Brad Wightman is doing a good 180+km and plenty of metres in elevation each week cruising around the hinterland.
- Mike Bushnell, Marty Gatehouse, Graham Lloyd-Jones, John Lambert, Ben Johns, Ian (Toby) Reavely, John Searston and myself are punching out a steady 100+km per week.
- Lumir Kalbac has had a 500% increase in kilometres in his 2nd week so I can only assume assassins are after him and he has to keep on the move.
- Ruth and Troy Huckstepp did the Noosa Triathon last week and have got a few MTB rides in too.
- Kathy Davis is back from injury and doing 50+km each week along with Geoff from Hit Bikes Coaching.
- That leaves JT, Craig Pearson, Maverick Q and Dean from Hit Bikes doing a good 30-50km a week.
As of this morning we have 25 riders in the Strava group and we have ridden 5683.2km and raised $1354. Not bad at all! Not bad at all!
You can still join us in the kilometre challenge or please give the team a donation at the Movember website – https://moteam.co/moustaches-and-mountain-bikes-sunshine-coast-2017