Pomona to Cooran (or Kin Kin) Ride Summary – Sunday 27/08/2017
21 riders showed up on yet another chilly morning for our Pomona to Kin Kin ride (with a smaller ride to Cooran also available). We broke into two groups, Ben took the first group to Kin Kin and the other group came with Toby and myself to Cooran. Both groups rode around Mt Cooroora and did the trails that run along Jam Pot road before we arrived into Cooran. The first group continued onto Kin Kin while the 2nd group went up Brewers road and down that squiggly bit of singletrack full of off-camber turns and dog poop. The 2nd group also sneaked in some extra singletrack on the way back to Pomona.
Notable points of interest were:
- New rider Bryan came along on his first club ride. Welcome Bryan, we hope you enjoyed yourself.
- Di fell off her bike 3 times in the first 20 minutes (she wasn’t hurt so it’s OK to laugh).
- Jenny came for a ride – long time no see! Good to see you again.
- I floated the idea of making it a rule that people on e-bikes cannot try to have conversations with you while everyone is climbing a hill.
- Pete Bigaila did an extra 130km on top of the 36km Pomona to Kin Kin ride.
- Sexy orange rims!
- Jalapeno burger from Trail 518 cafe – it’s awesome!
It was a great ride on yet another great day! Thanks everyone.
Michael (Orange rims rock) Johns